Almost a month ago, we announced the brand new Blogable Fiction Marathon. We mentioned that entries would open on Valentine’s Day, and here were are, ready to kick this off, ready for you to enter!
Are you as ready for this as we are? It’s time for you to get ready to flex those writing muscles, so sign up for this challenge below.
Before you enter, let me point out some things to you.
The most important rule!
Probably the MOST important rule of all is that you are not allowed to share anything of your story until after the results of a voting round has been published. This rule is to keep the competition fair to all participants, and we urge you to abide by it, as breaking this rule can result in disqualification.
About the assignments
A tip that will be included in all assignment mails, is to start writing as soon as possible after you received the assignment. Don’t wait until the last day. Get something on ‘paper’ and then let it rest, mull it over, eat it, breathe it, sleep it… then edit it, let it rest and edit it once more and only then send it in. Not many of us can write our best pieces under pressure.
Assignments start with a lesser number of words. As we progress with the competition, you will be allowed to write more. For all assignments, except the first, you will have rough three weeks to write your story. that gives you more than enough time to work on an assignment.
All assignments for this year have already been discussed and decided. Assignments are never given to trick anyone, but always to try and teach you something. This can be a writing element, or teaching you more about your own writing because the assignment forces you to think out of the box. Sometimes you might like an assignment and sometimes not, but please always try to write something for it. It’s better to send in something than nothing. You might just surprise yourself.
The planning & rules
A couple of days before the marathon starts (3 April 2021), you will get an email with important things for you to know, as well as the planning for 2021. This email is your guide throughout the marathon.
Besides the planning, the rules are also important to read through. Please always bear in mind the most important rule!
How to enter?
Enter the Blogable Fiction Marathon by sharing the following information in the form below:
- Email address
- A short bio of 50–300 words
- Link to your blog/website
- Twitter handle
Update 20.03.2021: Entries are now closed. Participants will be announced in the next week.
- Entries close on 19 March 2021 at midnight GMT.
- The number of participants is maximized to 50. Don’t wait to sign up, or your spot might be gone!
- All entries will be confirmed within 72 hours (3 days). If you haven’t received a confirmation, please re-submit the above form or send me us email with the requested compulsory information as listed above.
- All information you give above (except for your email address) will be published on this site when we introduce the participants.
- The email address you provide is the email address we will use to send you your assignments. It is your responsibility to check it frequently.
- None of your personal information will ever be used for anything else but the marathon, and never provided to anyone else. Emails are sent out using the BCC field for all email addresses.
Last but not least
The most important thing is that you have fun while you participate in the marathon. Use the assignments to challenge yourself, to think out of the box and to learn more about yourself and your own writing.
Thank you to all who sign up for the Blogable Fiction Marathon 2021. Good luck with the race!